Welcome to the City of Grayling’s
Chair – April Hehir
Vice Chair – Ben Teeter
Member – Liam Gosling
Member - Jill Tremonti
Member – Heather Forbes (Council Liaison)
Member – Richard Doe
Member – RaDel Rosin
Residents interested in sitting on the Planning Commission can fill out the Boards and Committees Application form and mail to: City of Grayling Attn: City Clerk PO Box 549 Grayling MI 49738.
Questions please contact: email@example.com
Planning Commission - Duties
- To review the city's master plan and to recommend amendments to the city council for approval.
- To confer with and advise the city council on all matters concerning the planning and development of the city.
- To encourage proper zoning and orderly development of the city.
- To periodically survey the overall condition of the city from the standpoint of zoning and planning and to make recommendations to the city council in this regard.
- To conduct site plan reviews for all industrial, commercial and multifamily residential zoning applications.
- To aid the city council in the attraction of new industries and businesses and in the encouragement of expansion of existing industries and businesses in the city.
- To rule on all applications for planned unit developments, special land uses and conditional land uses.
- To review any proposed plat of a subdivision or development of and, or request for rezoning, within the city, when deemed necessary by the city council.
- Review and update Zoning Ordinance.
- Proposed New Zoning Ordinance August 2017.
- Planning Commission Bylaws adopted February 18, 2014
City Clerk keeps records of all Meeting Minutes.
Planning Commission Meetings are held at:
City Hall 1020 City Blvd
on the 3rd Tuesday of each Month @ 6:00 p.m.
Except December, the meeting will be held on the 2nd Tuesday @ 6:00 p.m.
Individuals with disabilities requiring auxiliary aids or services should contact the City of Grayling by calling: 989-348-2131, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail: City of Grayling, PO Box: 549, Grayling MI 49738
THE CITY OF GRAYLING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND PROVIDER.