INCOME TAX DEPARTMENT
WELCOME TO THE CITY OF GRAYLING'S INCOME TAX OFFICE
As of July 1, 2020 the City of Grayling has contracted with
Innovative Software Services, Inc to process all Income Tax Returns and Payments.
MAIL RETURN AND REMITTANCE WITH APPROPRIATE WAGE AND TAX STATEMENTS TO:
City of Grayling Income Tax Division
PO Box 515
Eaton Rapids, MI 48827-0515
Or by fax: (517) 441-9719
If you have any Income Tax Questions please call: (989) 348-7750
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Make remittance checks payable to: CITY OF GRAYLING
The mission of the City Income Tax Department is to collect the city income tax efficiently and equitably within the limits of the city income tax ordinance.
The City Income Tax Department is part of the Office of the City Treasurer’s Office.
THE INCOME TAX DEPARTMENT PERFORMS THE FOLLOWING DUTIES:
- Individual Returns: Audits individual income tax returns and issues refunds or assessments as required.
- Withholding Tax: Supervises the withholding accounts of employers.
- Corporation Tax: Administers income tax for corporations; audits their returns.
- Customer Service: Assists customers and performs special audits.
- Prepare 1099 G’s.
- Process Employers Reconciliations, W3’s.
- Annually performs due diligence requirements for Unclaimed Property with the State of Michigan.
- Prepares all necessary Income Tax Forms and Publications.
- Maintains Confidentiality of Records.
- Archiving Returns.
- Enforcement of the Uniform City Income Tax Ordinance.
- Balance monthly with the City Treasurer.
- Issue Refund Checks.
- Deposit all Income Tax Payments and Balances with City Treasurer Monthly.
City Income Taxes are generated by a flat 1.0% rate applied to the income of City residents, and businesses. Non-residents working in the City pay 0.5%. Few adjustments to gross income are allowed in computing the tax. Income taxes account for 24% of general fund revenues. If you are unsure whether or not an address is located within the Grayling City limits, please refer to the available list of City addresses.
TO PAY YOUR INCOME TAXES ONLINE:
Visit: Income Tax Online Payment Website a fee for online payments is 2.75% of the amount being paid (min. $2.75) this fee will be added to your payment and goes directly to AllPaid for this service.
THE CITY OF GRAYLING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND PROVIDER.