Welcome to the City of Grayling’s Zoning DepartmenT
Administrator - Ben Yoder
Office: 989-348-2131 Ext: 103
City Cell: 989-290-5938
The Zoning Administrator shall assist with the administration and enforcement of the City of Grayling Zoning Ordinance including receiving and processing applications for zoning permits, special use permits, appeals for variances or other matters the Planning Commission or the Zoning Board of Appeals are required to decide. The Administrator shall be responsible for inspection of premises, issuance of zoning permits, and institution of proceeding for enforcement of the provisions of the Zoning Ordinance.
Zoning Administrators Responsibilities:
- Conducts community inspections to assure compliance with zoning ordinance.
- Processes applications for zoning permits, sign permits, and planning reviews.
- Prepare files for the Planning Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals review and disposition.
- Prepares and recommends amendments to the Zoning Ordinance.
- Prepares annual budget for zoning and planning office.
- Field zoning questions.
- Review the zoning ordinance.
- Works on special projects as assigned.
THE CITY OF GRAYLING IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND PROVIDER.